21 June 2011

i'm obsessed with...orange

I'm usually a subdued white, blues, neutrals kind of gal, but lately I've been inspired by orange. It is so versatile and comes in so many vibrant shades, I am now totally hooked!

Orange is a combination of red and yellow, so is very strong, but it's a warm tone that when paired right can create a very energetic and captivating feel to a room. Blue is opposite orange on the color wheel, so is a nice complement. Turquoise especially works well. Orange also works very well with white, which softens it. Orange is a very stimulating color for appetite and conversation, so you might try it in the dining room or kitchen.

Some shades of orange from Benjamin Moore that work well:

orange calypso

orange mandarin

new dawn

I've been looking for ways to introduce orange into my home and I think the best way to do that is through accessories and paint. I've found some great examples below, as well as sourced some items that are reasonably priced. Take a look.


via House Beautiful


via Martha Stewart

via Martha Stewart

via Elle Decor

via Elle Decor
via Casa Diseno

via Country Living

From top right: colander-Calypso; boxes-IKEA; tins-West Elm;tote-Crate & Barrel; rug-Pier 1; utensil holder-Pier 1; lamp-IKEA; hurricane vases-Pier 1; side table- West Elm; napkin ring-Crate & Barrel

Happy First Day of Summer everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!